During the visit
The museum offers various services to help visitors make the most of the collections.
At the museum, visitors will find:
- Automatic bookshop
- Teaching space
- Accessible to persons with reduced mobility | entrance ramp, lift, and two wheelchairs available*
* for the use of the wheelchairs, it is advisable to contact the museum in advance to book the service.
Your new digital visit experience.
Accademia Carrara presents its new App, a tool that uses image recognition technologies and augmented reality for an interactive and engaging experience that changes the way you can approach our masterpieces in the museum.
Just frame the exhibited works with your smartphone or tablet and yo will get information, curiosities, historical and artistic news.
The new App is free for everyone: for museum visitors who will make an interactive journey through personalized itineraries, and for those who want to get closer to the wonders of the collection from home.
The historical archive of the Accademia Carrara consists of two collections:
- The Giacomo Carrara Archive, with letters, and personal and family documents, dated until about 1796.
- The Commissarìa Archive, with documents of the Accademia di Belle Arti and of the Pinacoteca, dating from about 1800 to 1960.
The Accademia Carrara offers historians and scholars free access to the museum’s historical archive.
Advance booking is required.
Contact person Paolo Plebani
The Accademia Carrara and GAMeC Library is specialised in history of art texts. The publications in the Library illustrate the history of painting and the visual arts in Italy from the beginnings through to the contemporary world, with a large collection of monographs on artists, museum and exhibition catalogues, and magazines.
The Library offers the following services:
- 3 reading rooms, 15 reading tables, 1 workstation for online bibliographic searches
- Document delivery
- Photocopies and photographs for study, research, and teaching activities (permission required)
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
Entrance is free for reading. External lending of library assets is not permitted.
Library information and opening hours
Opening hours | Monday-Friday, 2-6 p.m.
Summer closure | two weeks in August
Winter closure | two weeks at Christmas
t.+39 035 234396 #6
Via San Tomaso, 53. Third floor.
Manager | Maria Elisabetta Manca
Librarian | Paola Scarpellini
The Accademia Carrara opens its museum spaces to cultural and commercial events.
Companies, institutions, and individuals can choose the Museum as their exclusive location for conferences, business meetings, private dinners, gala evenings, concerts, and shows.
This is a unique way to promote your image while also supporting and promoting the city’s artistic and cultural heritage.
The most spacious gallery in the Museum is the perfect place for conferences, meetings, presentations, and concerts, in a stunning and highly evocative setting with wonderful paintings all around. Measuring 95.91 m², the gallery can accommodate up to 80 people seated and can be set up with a table for speakers, chairs and an audio-video system connected to a projector screen.
The Great Hall
The imposing entrance hall of the Pinacoteca provides an ideal setting for gala dinners, buffets, and aperitifs. The catering service can be agreed upon with the Accademia Carrara, choosing from a selection of highly qualified partners, or an inspection with another catering service can be organised. The vestibule facing the hall can be used as a reception or registration area, and a special cloakroom area is available next to the great entrance hall. The 106.75 m² Great Hall can accommodate up to 100 people seated at table, or 150 standing.
The outer courtyard of the Museum is a wonderful place for outdoor events. Dinners, aperitifs, concerts, art exhibitions, performances, film screenings and much more besides. For spectacular evenings with the majestic façade of the art gallery and the elegant Piazza Giacomo Carrara as a backdrop. The 653 m² courtyard can accommodate up to 150 people seated at table or 200 standing.
The room that is generally used for the Museum’s educational workshops and learning activities is the most practical place for conferences and small work groups, birthday parties for children and young people, and small buffets. The 130 m² classroom (which is divided into two separate areas) can accommodate up to 50 people standing or 30 seated. The room has 11 tables and 30 chairs, a projector screen and a multimedia interactive whiteboard.
The rental of Museum spaces includes the following services:
- Organising and setting up the event by Museum staff;
- Issue of admission tickets to the Museum for those taking part;
- Assistance of the security supervisor and museum security staff;
- Cleaning of the premises.
- Special guided tours and custom-designed thematic displays based on the Museum’s programmes and guests’ requirements;
- Books and other publications illustrating the Accademia Carrara and its collections to be given as personalised gifts to guests;
- Installation and management of the audio-video system:
– Portable audio-video system with projector, CD/DVD player, preamplifier, and connection to a portable PC;
– 210 x 120 cm projector screen, raised 110 cm from the ground on two support legs;
– 2 wireless speakers;
– 2 wireless microphone;
– 1 boom for table microphone.
– 205 x 198 cm retractable projection screen with projector and audio system;
– 126 x 211 cm interactive multimedia whiteboard with projector.
Info and estimate requests
Tel +39 035 234396 #5